Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gratitude Seems to be the Thought of the Day

First thing every morning I get up and make coffee for myself and Mom. Then after I sit with her for a while, I settle in front of the computer and begin looking at several sites that start my morning.

Today has been the same as every other day.

However, instead of the usual multitude of game requests and silly status jokes, I have found more than one entry about Gratitude. Funny little word. Gratitude.

So I get to thinking. Am I showing my gratitude enough: To my family, to my friends, to my God/dess?

Lets take a look for a moment at my present state of affairs.

My house looks like a clutter bomb went off. Everytime I think about getting up and trying to declutter the place I get side tracked. I'm side tracked so easily now days. So very little gets done. But Damn it I at least have a roof over my head. I have a house that can have clutter in it. There's one point to be thankful and show gratitude about.

I go in the kitchen to figure out what to make for lunch and supper. My freezer has two packages of meat. I have only a few cans of veggies and an a box of instant oatmeal. In my icebox I have one stick of margarine, no eggs, no milk and no cheese...hmmm....I think I might have some rice noodles in the pantry but I'll have to look. Well, at least I have something I can try to throw together. Only four days before I can buy groceries and tomorrow I can actually go to a food pantry and get a bit extra to tide me over. I think to myself for a fleeting second...what's there to be thankful for. Then I stop and remember. At least I have the food I have. I know there are others that have nothing and have had nothing for days if not weeks. All I have to do is turn on CNN to see the horrifying pictures of children dying because of no food or water. So yes, even with so little I have so much to be grateful for.

I sit back down and look at my bank account. Yep still overdrawn by 4.00. By the time the paychecks hit the bank you can add another 13 dollars for our extended overdraft fee. Not a penny to my name. But I know there is money coming. Money to pay bills and buy maybe one or two things we just enjoy having. I certainly need to be grateful for that. At least one of the men in this household is working and the other is looking hard for employment every day. My mother, bless her, has her SSI check that is regularly deposited so that we can make ends meet. I am truly grateful for that.

And we are all healthy. Nuff said there. Very grateful for our health.

So I guess all the posts I read earlier were just a reminder, if I get a bit down about my present circumstance, and I take a step back and look really hard, I come to this conclusion

I am truly Blessed and for that I have eternal Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment